Our Savior's love, shines like the sun with perfect light. As from above, it breaks through clouds of strife.

Jan 3, 2010

Christmas 2009

Someone said to me... "Merry Christmas- there is nothing better than a new baby at Christmas."
I completely agree. Unless you add an adorable almost-3-year-old and a fun husband. These are some of our Christmas highlights.
Christmas Eve:
Leaving cookies for Santa and carrots for Rudolph (and Clarice, Clara added). Here is Clara posing as a snowman with a carrot nose. Our stockings are all ready for Santa.

We had a yummy Christmas Eve dinner with our little family. Ham, green beans, and mashed potatoes, with razzelberry pie for dessert. This was my second attempt at a homade pie crust. Clara approved.

This has been one of the best Christmases I can remember. I loved teaching Clara about the baby Jesus and seeing her excitement and love for Him. I loved holding my sweet new baby and thinking about the humble beginnings of our Savior. The love that I feel for this little one, I know He feels for me.

I loved what my friend, Heather, wrote in her Christmas letter. "Things are difficult, right now, for many people, but there is still so much to be joyful about. Joy to the world, the Lord is come!"

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Clara has such a cute smile when posing for pictures! Glad you had such a fun Christmas! And I love sarah-janes cute santa outfit!