Our Savior's love, shines like the sun with perfect light. As from above, it breaks through clouds of strife.

Mar 1, 2010

Vancouver Olympics 2010

I love the Olympics. I find it so inspiring to see people push themselves to the limit... to do their very best... to work unbelievably hard to accomplish their dreams. It inspires me to want to do my best, despite obstacles or setbacks. I mean, if Anja Paerson can win a bronze medal in alpine skiing one day after wiping out like this, then surely I can survive one more 3 year old meltdown, right? Especially when I know that when I peek in on her, later, after she has gone to bed I'll see this... a very cute, sleepy girl reading through her library books one more time before she falls asleep.
I recorded all of the Olympics, because I didn't want to miss anything. I still have about a week's worth of viewing before I get through them all, so don't tell me any results from the final week, ok?

2 comments:

shelley said...

clara,

i'm happy to see you reading about chinese dragons. now go to sleep and stop having 3-year-old meltdowns.

and please tell your little favorite friend to do the same.

love,
miss shelley

carrie said...

I feel inspired every time I watch the olympics, too. For some reason I had a hard time getting into them this year. I was blaming it on living in a different time zone and not getting as much time to watch, but we'll see what happens next time. I already regret not staying up and watching more this year, kinda like I missed out on something!