Our Savior's love, shines like the sun with perfect light. As from above, it breaks through clouds of strife.

Feb 9, 2008

last weekend

The weather here has been great. We went for a hike last Saturday, around a lake in NW Greensboro. The hike ended at a house that was built in the early 1800's. Clara had fun exploring it.



After the hike we came home and made dinner. I have been trying to add more fish into our dinner rotations. We tried a new recipe that I LOVED. It was healthy, easy, and SO YUMMY!

Fiery Fish Tacos with Crunchy Corn Salsa

Original recipe yield: 6 servings

INGREDIENTS
1 cup corn
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 cup peeled, chopped jicama
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons salt
6 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 corn tortillas, warmed
DIRECTIONS
Preheat grill for high heat.
In a medium bowl, mix together corn, red onion, jicama, red bell pepper, and cilantro. Stir in lime juice and zest.
In a small bowl, combine cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, and salt. Brush each fillet with olive oil, and sprinkle with spices.
Arrange fillets on grill grate, and cook for 3 minutes per side. For each fiery fish taco, top two corn tortillas with fish, sour cream, and corn salsa.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clara is very "in" to shoes, lately. She finds shoes around the house (usually just one, not a pair), brings them to me, and demands that I put them on her. So... she can often be seen with just one shoe on, or two different shoes. Funny girl...








5 comments:

Natalie said...

Fish tacos sound great! I would love to learn how to do more fish dishes, but am always scared. And Clara's shoe fetish is so funny. Let's just hope it doesn't continue when she is older because nice shoes can be expensive!

Anonymous said...

I thought that my kids were the only one's with shoe issues. I have gotten phtos of Will with HIgh heals on (not my shoes)Clara looks so big!!! CAn't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

Just wait until she tries on Greg's shoes. It will be hysterical trying to see her walk!!

Have a great one!

Kari

andrea said...

I've never made any with or purchased or grown jicama. I think you're the only person I know who has--except it was featured on the biggest loser one season. That's the only reason I"ve ever heard of it. You're so out of my cooking league. :)

Tiffany said...

Hello, Hello! I can't believe we found your blog. You guys look so great and Clara is such a doll. That video of her eating that chocolate cake is the funniest thing I have ever seen. And the obsession with shoes. Do I have to remind you what my son did with your black leather shoes Nicolle? Kids are so amazingly wonderful aren't they. We have so many wonderful memories with you guys when we were all first married. I am so glad that life has found you so happy. We still want to come visit, and I want to sit on your porch with a big "Gone with the WInd" dress and sip lemonade. We love you guys. Check out our blog. tiffandshaunjohnson.blogspot.com and check out the Jolleys blog so you guys can all hook up. jolleyfam.blogspot.com