Our Savior's love, shines like the sun with perfect light. As from above, it breaks through clouds of strife.

Jun 29, 2008

Greg's hobby

Many of you know about Greg's yard-sale habit. What you probably don't know is that it transferrs over to a desire to buy every car he sees for sale in our neighborhood. Something about not buying it at used car lot makes him think he is getting a fantastic deal. And sometimes he is. His first purchase was this lovely '92 white Camry. He bought it for $500 from our neighbors across the street. We had just moved to NC and had left one of our cars behind. It got us through until we could get a more reliable car. It lasted almost one year, and died about 1/2 mile from Greg's office... he coasted the rest of the way in and we donated it right from there.

Next, he purchased this '88 Ford Ranger for $1,200 from another neighbor. He has had it for 3 years and it is still running strong.


Especially for this last purchase, I have to say "Way to go, Greg!" Lately, however, my patience for his nieghborhood car fetish has worn thin. Every car for sale, no matter how badly worn or uneeded, is a consideration for him. But I've been thinking... what if I've been too hard on him? Perhaps 6 + years of marriage have made me more understanding . Orrrrr... perhaps I saw this black Mercedes for sale in the neighborhood this week...

What do you think, honey? It is probably a really great deal... we shouldn't pass it up!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow I didn't know Greg likes to buy cars at yard sales too! I could never be that trusting!

Anonymous said...

Oh you definitely should not pass this one up.

Trin

My Everythings said...

hahahahhahahhaha, that is really funny. You should definitely not pass up on that one!

Mike said...

That little red truck is still going strong?! Good little buy there Greg.

Purifoy Family said...

wonder if that was my 92 camry I drove for 10 years. It could have made it to NC, right?