Our Savior's love, shines like the sun with perfect light. As from above, it breaks through clouds of strife.

Nov 18, 2009

Blowing Rock

Greg had some vacation days to use up before the end of the year, so last week we used one of them for a family day trip to Blowing Rock, NC. We were about a week late for the best leaf color, but we still saw some beautiful views.

Normally I like to go on a good sweaty hike to "earn" my views. But with little ones in tow, this commercialized view -the Blowing Rock- is a great option.

We had a fun day going to the park, walking around their cute downtown, and eating treats.





6 comments:

Team Harris said...

Your family picture turned out really well! Are you happy with the shots you got? It looks like Clara enjoyed her ice cream. haha!

andrea said...

I just love a random excuse for a family day trip. Looks like a lot of fun. We've never been there, but I think we need to give it a try.

Also LOVE your new family pics. They turned out great!

Natalie said...

Your new pictures are too cute! And I so wish David had vacation days that he just had to use up! Not Fair!

jax from the harmon squad said...

Glad you had fun! We went up to Pilot Mountain this year to see the leaves and totally thought we'd just get the "commercialized" view, but Max surprised us and went on a short mile hike with us around the summit. It never ceases to amaze me how much energy these little kids have.

Anonymous said...

Love your family photo!!! you all look so great!!!

Sawyers Family said...

I have never been to Blowing Rock, but I hear it's great! And seeing your pictures makes me want to go!
And your family shots are fantastic!